Similarly, one person was killed by Israeli gunfire in Beit Lahia in north Gaza.
16th February 2026 06:21 AM ![]()
Gaza’s civil defence agency reported that Israeli strikes killed at least 12 people since dawn on Sunday, while a military official said the attacks were in response to ceasefire violations.
Despite a US-brokered truce that entered its second phase last month, violence has continued in the Palestinian territory, with Israel and Hamas blaming each other for violating the agreement.
The civil defence agency, which operates as a rescue force under Hamas authorities, said one strike hit a tent of displaced people in northern Gaza, and another targeted an area in the south.
The agency said in a statement that five people were killed, and several were injured when an air strike targeted a tent sheltering displaced people in Jabalia in the north.
Five more were killed, and several were injured in a separate early morning strike in the southern city of Khan Yunis, the agency said, adding that one more was killed in Israeli shelling in Gaza City.
The agency also said that one person was killed by Israeli gunfire in Beit Lahia in north Gaza.
The Al-Shifa and Nasser hospitals confirmed they had received the bodies of at least seven people.
“Israel doesn’t understand ceasefires or truces,” said Osama Abu Askar, who lost his nephew in the Jabalia attack.